Tuesday, September 11, 2018

A Big Project near the end of 2017!!!

Near the end of  November 2017, I was tasked with the job of finding sponsors for the 1,000 Buddha Thangka that will be painted on the wall of Nagri Institute Prayer Hall. I was a little apprehensive of this seemingly incredible task as Geshe Tsewang has specifically stated that he wants the names of 1,000 donors so that more people can share this merit of painting or creating Buddha images and statues.

The prayer hall in construction

I started from my group of friends and supporters and within a week the response was so good that it has surpassed my original targeted 200 marks. So I requested for double number of shares of the image and it was also taken up by the end of December.

In the end, I think Gen Ngawang Ridol was tired of my going back and forth and requesting for more shares, he assigned all the balance amount of the 1,000 shares to my charge! It was quite a "huge" new year gift to me! But I strived on nevertheless and praying for the completion for this task everyday.

 Some samples of the 1,000 Buddha Thangka as done in other monasteries


No comments:

Post a Comment